Topic: Flash Video Player

Can this widget be used to play internet TV? Are there any online TV stations streaming in .flv format?
Thanks

Re: Flash Video Player

I am trying to use the Flash Video Player widget on a virtual chumby (from the chumby.com site).  Regardless of the URL entered in the widget's config, the widget plays the movie trailer that is apparently hardcoded.  Can anyone suggest why it won't play my .flv?

I have now tried additional .flv files and none work..is this widget working for others?  Is the source available?

This is a third-party widget, not one of ours.

Is there perhaps another widget which will play an .flv file?

I think all of our current video widgets are tied to specific services, so we're not really free to publish the source for them.  I'll see if we can whack out a simple widget that's *not* tied to something.

However, there's nothing special about video widgets for chumby - any "how to" for Flash Video you might find using Google or the dozens of Flash books out there would have the required information.

ihf wrote:

I am trying to use the Flash Video Player widget on a virtual chumby (from the chumby.com site).  Regardless of the URL entered in the widget's config, the widget plays the movie trailer that is apparently hardcoded.  Can anyone suggest why it won't play my .flv?

It works perfectly fine for me.

In my virtual chumby it is working perfect for me.
And other chumby user didn't have that problem. the config did work.

Please provide some log information that i can review your errors.