Topic: Google calendar suggested revisions

What I would love is a Google calendar widget that will show the Agenda View that Google Calendar provides.  I don't want full details of all my events, just a quick reminder of what I have coming up that day.  I would be content with an agenda view that showed today's events, but I would prefer one that showed future events only, from the current time forward one or two days (or simply however many fit on one or two pages).  I couldn't get the fix for the Google Calendar to work, but even if it did having it page through many events at one to a screen isn't the kind of information I want at my bedside.

Pam

Re: Google calendar suggested revisions

Pam, we're working on an update to that widget right now that should handle the scenarios you've described.

Thanks!  That was one of the capabilities that persuaded me to buy a Chumby, and I was disappointed that it wasn't useful to me in its current form.

Pam

The Google Calendar widget has been updated. It no longer displays events from previous days, and generally works a lot better. You can now view your calendar in event or day view, and we hope the widget is easier to use now. We weren't able to get all of the requests we've received addressed in this version, but will be making further enhancements to the widget in the future.

Thanks!  It works much better now.  Don't change it too much.

Best,

Andrew

With the new version of the Google Calendar widget I seem to have lost the ability set the timezone.  Now all my events show up at GMT, which is 5 hours off. I have tried to add the ctz="America/Chicago" parameter to the end of the URL, but the new version of the widget does not seem to use it.  Any suggestions on how to correct this?  Thanks.

Brian

7 (edited by adam 2008-03-28 16:47:30)

Brian -

Support for the ctz parameter has been added. Let us know if it works for you.

Usage: append "?ctz=YourTimeZone" to your personal feed (ending in "basic") where YourTimeZone is valid.

YourTimeZone Examples:

America/Chicago
America/Indiana/Tell_City
Pacific/Niue

Find time zones: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bi … indzone.pl

or on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zoneinfo_timezones

Now it works great.  Early daylight savings time was bad enough, moving to GMT was a killer. Thanks.

Brian

Hi all.  I'm considering a chumby and have been playing around with the 'virtual' chumby online.  I'm very interested in the Google Calendar widget but I have a few questions after trying it out briefly:

- We actually setup several calendars in our family (e.g., one for myself, one for my wife, one for the family in general, etc.).  It seems like the widget only lets you enter a single calendar.  Is there a way to display the events for multiple calendars (like the online Google Calendar shows)?

- It looks like the calendar will only go 7 days in advance.  Is this correct?

Thanks!

Jeff