Topic: can i run the chumby os on a gumstix?

i was thinking it would be a bit more interesting to run the chumby os on a gumstix (faster) with one of the psp lcd screens (higher res)..   i was just wondering if it would be possible...   it would be nice to have more system resources to play with.  we'll see.

Re: can i run the chumby os on a gumstix?

Well, the Flash Lite Player is licensed by Adobe to us only for use on the chumby hardware.  You'd have to get a license from them to run on the gumstix hardware.  Also, we've built the software around the specific sensors and drivers, and have some very MX21-specific features tied into the player (graphic overlay, DMA, etc).

yah.  th flash lite player is basically what i was looking for (something non chumby specific till the chumby comes out with something less beanbag like and with a higher res screen)...  guess i will have to find a better way to do that...   would you be able to tell me how to get a license from adobe or at least point me in the right direction?  i can't imagine it's cheap.

This is where you'd go to get a Flash Lite license.

There are alternatives - you might consider using an Open Source player such as Gnash.

thank you..  gnash should fit the bill..  lets see if it taxes the processor too much.