Topic: Certain widgets and time between 'transitions'

Hey there,

Got my Chumby about 2 weeks ago and overall, I love it.  There is nothing better than having something interesting to keep your eyes open in the morning so you wake up smile

I have a question about multiple widgets and what seems to be timing issues between transitions.

Most (all?) widgets have a configure option, where you can change how long it stays on the Chumby overall.

However, no widgets have a way to adjust the timing between transitions... when the widget goes from one image to another.

I read very quickly... however none of my widgets that come on the Chumby stay on the screen long enough to see or read.

Here are some examples
-icanhascheezburger:  flips between images too quickly
-perez hilton:  flips between articles too quickly to read
-college humor:  images/text slide by too quickly to read
-defamer:  articles change too quickly to read
-tmz:  articles go by too quickly to read
-bbc news:  articles change to quickly to read

Ok, I know I can touch the screen if there is something I want to read, but when I just wake up in the morning and start reading that's not going to happen smile 

It seems, as a quick reader, that the default speed of transitioning in most widgets is just too fast. 

Doesn't it make sense regardless that widgets that have a transition or flip between articles have an option to select how long each item stays on the screen, separate from the widget time itself?

Thanks for your input!

Re: Certain widgets and time between 'transitions'

Good idea - however, that's entirely up the widget author to implement. Neither the Control Panel nor the server have any exposure that that level.

The funny thing about this is that it seems to short when you're interested in what you're seeing, but too long when you're not!