Topic: Embedded shockwave to SWF?

Admittedly, I have zero experience coding with flash and have never created a SWF. Chumby has motivated me to want to learn though, as there are a few embedded shockwave objects that I'd like to see turned into widgets. I have some searching, though probably not enough, but I am looking for a simple way (if it exists) to turn an embedded shockwave object into a SWF. If anyone could even so much as point me in the right direction, taking my level of flash knowledge into account, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Re: Embedded shockwave to SWF?

different plugin so its just not doable

"Shockwave" is a totally different technology, which requires a different player and a different set of development tools.

As far as I know, Adobe does not license a Shockwave player for embedded use - indeed, they have yet to create a native player for Intel-based Macs, which would seem to imply that this technology isn't getting much attention even within Adobe.

Macromedia confused the issue a long time ago when they originally referred to Flash as "Shockwave Flash", and the mimetype for Flash files still contains the word "shockwave", but they're not really all that related.

Thanks for the replies and explanation of the differences between flash and shockwave too. I'll just hope that someone else with a lot more flash knowledge might want to create a widget with the same content I am interested in (Ustream.tv) at some point.