Topic: How to set default widget duration over 60sec

How I make my widget default duration longer than 60seconds? My widget plays a number of videos, but I would like it to completely play the first one before it goes onto the next widget.

2 (edited by jvc 2008-02-25 21:16:56)

Re: How to set default widget duration over 60sec

The user has to select Custom under the widget configuration and type a number there.

What I wish is there was an option for the user to set a option like "Widget Controllable". This combined with a developer hook (like the "_chumby_widget_done" does with closing itself)  would allow widgets to not be bumped when they are playing content like video. This would also allow the control panel to ignore the widget if it tries to pin itself if the user hadn't set the option.

So there is no way for the author to set the widget for longer than sixty seconds, that can only be done by the user?

I posted something similar a while back and Duane commented:

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=1415

-John Forsythe
www.jforsythe.com

Unless you want to watch the video and have the chumby go on and change to the next widget right after without having to touch the chumby, then you can just push the pin button and have it stay on that widget.

There is a mode called "cooperative" mode that we can enable on the server to allow certain types of widgets run some indeterminate amount of time.  These widgets are required to voluntarily cede control of the device on their own.

Read this.

If you have a widget that matches the criteria, you can petition us to make your widget cooperative.

Thanks so much everyone. I have been told everything I need to know and am in the process of making my widget cooperative.

It would be nice if I could create a private widget that works in cooperative mode without going through the process of petitioning. Is this possible?