Topic: Override play times on video widgets?

Is there a way to set given widgets -- say, Wallstrip -- to not cycle through when playing video? I have Wallstrip set to cycle off at 45 seconds, which isn't time enough to get through a video if I choose to play it. And I don't want to have to set a longer play time unless it's necessary. Any advice? Thanks.

Re: Override play times on video widgets?

Either set a custom play time using Customizer within My Channels

Or when the widget is playing on the Chumby, press the top button bring up the control panel, press the "Stay" pin and then press the top button to go back to the widget. It will not move on until you remove the pin using the same method

3 (edited by BBarol 2008-03-12 11:08:34)

Thanks, but this kind of makes my point for me: Doesn't it seem like the device ought to be smart enough to know when you're playing a video and not cycle through, abruptly ending the video?

No, the device has no idea that the widget is playing a video, or how a particular widget might want to handle it.  For instance, the "Screen Clean" (aka "licking dog") widget is actually Flash video, and loops - clearly such a widget should respect the duration that the user set.

You set it to play for 45 seconds - the chumby's doing precisely what you told it to do.

However, if you set the duration to "Default",some widgets have the ability to "do the right thing" - in this case, the widget should be able to hold on to the device until the video is complete, since that's the default behavior for that widget.

Will give the "Default" setting a try. Thanks.