Topic: Shoutcast now playing is usually NOT whats on

How often does the chumby update the channel listing.. most of the time, whats in the channel directory is usually not what playing on that channel?

Re: Shoutcast now playing is usually NOT whats on

Yeah, I've never seen any of the "what's playing" be accurate.

In my experience, it's what's playing when you activate the channel - ie it's right for the first song, but never updates.

Man I wish it would update, I heard a great song on 181.fm and I ran to my chumby to see what it was, but it didn't update. I had to wait around for it play again and then I checked on my comp.
I'd LOVE it if it updated!

If nothing else, give me a refresh button to update the whats on listing wink

This is the data we get from SHOUTcast.  They, in turn, get the data from the stations.  As far as I know, there's no guarantee that this information is timely - there's nothing we can do about it.

Mebby you should just remove the now playing part of the data since its practically useless...

i had to create a "now playing" widget for T Spigot Radio since the shoutcast data doesn't update on the fly..  if you are looking for inspiration for creating one for your own shoutcast station, take a look at the one i did, located in the "Entertainment" widget section.  (working on a "now playing" and client controller for SlimServer, which should hopefully be finished shortly).