Topic: Alarm questions

The Quick Alarm does not have an auto shutoff, so if it goes off when no ones home, it just keeps on klaxoning/bugling/beeping. Could a shutoff time (defaulting to say, 15 minutes) be added?

When the "show alarm screen" is disabled, there's no way to turn off the alarm short of using the control panel. What's the point of this option?

How about adding a "shake Chumby" option to turn off the alarm?

-Thanks, LloydM

-LloydM

"It's Chumbological!"

Re: Alarm questions

LloydM wrote:

When the "show alarm screen" is disabled, there's no way to turn off the alarm short of using the control panel. What's the point of this option?

For custom alarms that do a specific action (such as change channel, set night mode etc)

LloydM wrote:

How about adding a "shake Chumby" option to turn off the alarm?

Nice idea, but if you've got hold of the chumby why not just press the button. Or if you mean "any chumby movement" to turn off alarm, I guess that would be cool. Perhaps you'd need a way to calibrate how much movement?

matt

>>For custom alarms that do a specific action (such as change channel, set night mode etc)

OK, I'm still new to Chumby, so I think of alarms as "things that wake you up with loud noises." I guess calling them something more generic like "time-triggered events" would just be confusing though.

>>Nice idea, but if you've got hold of the chumby why not just press the button?

Because I sometimes hit the snooze button by accident. Then I get up and the alarm goes off 5 minutes later. So I wanted an option for shaking/tilting/any touch disabling the alarm. If snooze could be disabled, that would solve my problem.

-Thanks, LloydM

-LloydM

"It's Chumbological!"

LloydM

There are two types of alarms - the normal type and the extended type.

not sure about disabling snooze

The Chumby doesn't allow you to turn the sound off so you can have an "alarm" that, for example, just turns on night mode at 2am without making a noise. If you change sound length to :00 the "don't show alarm screen" is greyed out. So I'm still confused about the no-screen option, since you'll always have a sound that can't be turned off easily. Can the "no screen" option be left available when sound is disabled?

A sleep mode (immediate night mode, music plays until settable countdown expires) would be nice too.

-LloydM

"It's Chumbological!"

If you use the new beta Control Panel (2.6.75), you have the "None" option for alarm audio.

Duane,

Thanks. I'll try the beta Control Panel.

-LloydM

-LloydM

"It's Chumbological!"