Topic: Internet Problem

I just got my Chumby and am having significant internet connection problems. Here are the details:

1. My internet service is Verizon Fios and my wireless router is an Actiontec M1424WR.
2. My Chumby is the same room as my wireless router.
3. I am able to connect to the internet, but the connection constantly goes in and out. There are no other electrical devices near the Chumby so I do not believe anything is interfering with the connection. I've also moved the Chumby to many other locations throughout my house and have the exact same result each time. This has happened ever since I got the Chumby a few days ago. I've also powered off/on etc many times, but always get the same result.
4. My Chumby is running the most recent version of the firmware.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I love this device and want to get it to work.

BTW - I should note a couple of other minor issues:

1. My Chumby has "frozen" a few times when trying to connect to internet. Sometimes it was completely unresponsive and just rebooted itself after a few minutes and other times it was stuck trying to load widget and even if I tried to select another widget, it just would go back to that other widget and continue to hang
2. I have a little white dot on the black border that goes around the screen. I assume it's a stuck pixel, but it's very annoying.

Re: Internet Problem

Please contact Chumby's customer support group -- hopefully they can help you get going.

Until you get a hold of Support, one simple thing I'd suggest that works for many people is changing the channel of the WiFi.  Some channels are more subject to interference than others.

Thanks. I did change the channel and it's better, but not great. I've also sent an email to support so I'm waiting to hear. However, tomorrow I'm going to be installing a new "N" router so that may also help. Thanks.

I hooked up my new "N" router and so far the performance is much better than my old router. Hopefully the fixes the problem.