Topic: Battery and squeeze-switch don't mix

Hi all, new Chumby owner (but who isn't).

When I stuffed a 9V battery into the Chumby, the squeeze-switch stopped working and the display cycled betwen control panel and widget. After I took out the battery I had to do a lot of Chumby-massaging to get the switch to work again. Even now though the switch sometimes doesn't spring back, or doesn't cycle the display.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to get the top switch working right again?

-Thanks, Lloyd M

-LloydM

"It's Chumbological!"

2 (edited by huckfinn 2008-03-07 09:05:51)

Re: Battery and squeeze-switch don't mix

If you remove the stuffing in the bottom of the chumby the battery will fit better. If you simply cram the battery in it streches the leather too tightly and compresses the switch. You can also just try to stretch the leather out a little bit more. I found that if I take out the stuffing on the bottom, put the battery in and then put the stuffing back in around the battery it fits nicely and still gives you the soft bottom.

-HuckFinn

Re: Battery and squeeze-switch don't mix

Thanks, I didn't know you could remove the bag-o-stuffing. I still have a little problem getting the switch to work right, but it's better than having the battery outside.

-LloydM

-LloydM

"It's Chumbological!"