Topic: The perfect alarm clock app
In the hazy past (and hopefully the not too hazy future; fingers crossed!) there were a lot of alarm clock apps.
However, I never found one that even approached the functionality of my $25 CD-player alarm clock.
Now part of that is the limited number of physical controls. UI issues are a problem when you only, really, have a touch screen. But also, it seems, people just didn't write the right app :-)
So what is it that I want from an alarm clock?
* Simple "on/off" function. I don't need the ability to program work-day/weekend schedules or stuff like that. Just "on" or "off".
* Two alarms is nice to have (Alarm A, Alarm B). Why? 'Cos Alarm B can be used for one-off specials without changing my standard alarm. Obviously on/off for each alarm.
* Snooze button.
* Music (I've been playing the same CD for 12+ years!). Either local mp3, or network audio of some form. (Fallback to BEEP if no audio available).
* And (and this the one hard to find) a "sleep" function; press a button and it'll play music for (programmable) 30 minutes before turning off. Switching to 'dim' mode at that time would also be good.
* Nice to have: while music playing "forward to next track", "back to previous track".
What is it you would like to see in an alarm clock?