Topic: Custom alarm not sounding

My Chumby Classic has worked great for years.

The last few work days, my "Weekday 5AM" custom alarm has not been making sound. The screen changes to the snooze/stop panel, but there is no noise. I rebooted, and the mute icon was displayed where it had not been before, but the next morning, still no sound. I also tried deleting all of custom alarms (there had been about 7, only one turned on) and created only the one I wanted, but still nothing.

When I touch the panel to make changes, there are the normal clicks, so I know it is still capable of making noise.

I have not installed any new software in years, so unless updates would have happened automatically, I am on the last of the production apps.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Custom alarm not sounding

It's a funny thing, but my Chumby One suffered the same problem on Monday. No sound from the custom alarm, playing one of the inbuilt sounds. Also no sound from any of the music sources, including the FM radio and the one music file I have on its internal storage. I power cycled it once and it didn't fix it, although it did make the 'boop, boop' noises that are part of the startup. I power cycled it again, and everything's been OK since...

Re: Custom alarm not sounding

Thanks for the info. I will give it a couple more reboots and see what happens.

Doesn't instill confidence though.