Topic: Flickr Widget: "Show me and my friends" only shows my images...

... and I'm more interested in seeing my friends' images, than mine. I'm assuming this is a bug- is it a known issue? If so/not, any workarounds out there that folks have figured-out?

Re: Flickr Widget: "Show me and my friends" only shows my images...

It actually shows a set of the most recently updated photos, including yours and your friends'.  Given what you're seeing, perhaps you updated your photos more recently than they did. 

(If you're interested in the technical details, we use this API call to get the list of photos: http://flickr.com/services/api/flickr.p … ated.html)

Sometime in the future we'll add support for photosets.  You can also view a particular friend's public photos by entering their username in the widget customization.

Actually... that's not how the Flickr widget is performing, for me. I've been updating my photos very infrequently, and my friends, very frequently, and it only is playing my photos. ???

4 (edited by Vineus 2007-11-11 10:02:32)

Actually ... that's normal, if you read the description of the API call indicated by bucini you can read:

Return a list of your photos that have been recently created or which have been recently modified.

"your photos" doesn't mean "your photos and your friends ones" :-)

This call http://flickr.com/services/api/flickr.p … hotos.html should be performed instead with the include_self value at 1 ...

ninavizz, you're right.  Vineus, thanks for the tip. 
I will add that to the list of improvements & fixes to make to this widget.

6 (edited by ninavizz 2007-11-14 01:48:16)

Vineus- I don't read API documentation ordinarily. If the UI spells-out a functionality that then does not work, that shouldn't merit reading API documentation to resolve widget bugs as "erroneous copywriting: incorrect user expectations set."

Button Text: "Private/public photos by you and your friends"
Authentication Screen Text: "To view private and public photos uploaded by you and your friends, click below."

... unless of course, you don't care about your users. big_smile

Sorry I didn't meant to be rude with you :-)

They just used the wrong API call to get the result they wanted so I suggested the right one in order to fix the bug, that's it.

Thank you ninavizz for pointing out the bug with this widget, and thanks again Vineus for suggesting the fix.
It should be working as intended now.

Thanks, now I am seeing my friends, friends and family photos!

would it be possible to add functionality to look for more then just the recently updated photos when displaying just *my* photos using my username?