Topic: Anyone having FaceBook issues [pictures]?

I know every so often I have an issue with the FaceBook news free widget and just authorizing it again works for quite some time.
However, now I am now seeing issues with the picture widget and I normally have no issue with that one.
It shows the default screen where it says to customize it on line and I go to the Chumby site and do so (like yesterday; which worked) but now again this morning it's doing the same.
Any insight anyone?
TIA, Matt

Re: Anyone having FaceBook issues [pictures]?

I've had that problem with the Facebook picture widget for quite a while. Eventually, it got so frustrating that I gave up and stopped using it.

Thanks for the reply, strange that it was darn stable until a couple days ago...

Still having issues as of last night, I assume this has nothing to do with the GoDaddy outage?

All their widgets timebomb now. I set them up, both news feeds and pictures and later in the day or the next day, they are not working and need to be allowed again via Facebook.
Also happening to my parents' two C8s too.
Anyone have any ideas?

Nothing's changed on Chumby's end - this appears to be a change in the behavior of Facebook's device API.

Nothing I can do about it - the servers are all green, and there's no company to reach out to Facebook for verification.

I suppose it's possible that Chumby's API key has expired, however, that would not explain why it works for a day or so.  As far as I know, there has been any formal communication to Chumby alerting of any such expiration.

My guess is that they've simply changed the expiration of session tokens to 24 hours - that would be in line with some other changes they've made recently.   Facebook changes things a lot - I ran into a pretty dramatic change just today that affected a product I'm working on for one of my contracts.

I hate when companies change stuff like that. A poor example if the wOOt widget where woot changed some pointers and now the Chumby widget lost the picture(s). Same thing with sites like Yahoo weather (my old Handspring Treo used that as a data pickup).
ANyway, thanks for the reply and good to hear your working on a project too. Your the best Duane! THanks for being here for us!
Best regards, Matt

Perhaps they rebooted a server; it's back to working more like it should...Yeah...