Topic: Need App to use my FAVORITE Lighthouse Webcam

http://foxslobster.com/WC/webcam.htm

Dwane, are you online. I accidentally deleted it after it stopped working when FIOS was installed. Can you help? I really miss my lighthouse, I haven't been on vacation for many years & it really makes me feel as though I were by the sea.

Thanks so much for any help, Shane in NYC

Re: Need App to use my FAVORITE Lighthouse Webcam

Shane, do you remember what the name of the app was?

Hi Doktor,

MIGHT BE "Image URL" but when I used http://foxslobster.com/camera1.jpg  it leaves a black line at top & bottom of the screen about 1/3 of an inch each. I am looking for the way thewebcam uses the whole screen. I think it had ig at the end of the address when it worked properly.

Many thanks for trying to help me with this, Shane in NYC

This appears to be the original thread on this topic:

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=5514

Hi Duane,

That was the original thread, but It does not give me the format you made to get the whole image of the lighthouse to fill up the screen. It had ig at the end of the address. I could kick myself for deleting it before writing it down

I've check my email archives and I can't find any direct messages between you and I on this topic - we did subsequently trade a bunch regarding the fireplace widget.

My guess is that the camera has been replaced, and the new URL I gave you is now the correct one.  The URL in the original thread show a black screen that has not updated since May.  The new camera has a different aspect ratio, which is why you're seeing the black bars.

I think we talked on the phone when you gave me the address to try by placing ig at the end of the address. Something came before that but I don'[t remember what it was. You modified the original address but the word camera wasn't in what you gave me. I called Fox's & it's still the same camera.

It's highly doubtful you talked to me on the phone - it's most likely you talked to someone in customer service, since that was nearly two years ago and I didn't deal directly with customers at the time.

In any case, I can't find any information like that you've described in any of our accessible archives, so it looks like this will have to be a mystery we solve from scratch.

ok, may be we used my email address?

I've checked all of my email archive from that period - all I can find are our discussions of the fireplace widget.

I don't have any customer service logs from that period - they no longer exist.

Now I really want to kick myself. All I can remember is you modified the webcam address and the letters ig were at the end of the address. The whole screen was the lighthouse. It really is my favorite thing on my Chumby, along with the FIREPLACE :~)))

Duane, I think we used a different widget. But using the URL one I zoomed in & can see the whole lighthouse but I'll have to do that each time using that URL widget I thnk

@ShanePatrice- Like Duane said, you're probably remembering an old view that's changed since then. There seems to be some old "dead links." Is something like this the view you remember?--

http://www.baysider.com/Webcams/United_ … ouse_York/

... because that now just links to the newer wider shot. Well, you're lucky at least you got a bit of a trip down memory lane. There's lots of web cams along coastal New England, lots of lighthouses, too. Maybe you can find another view that'll "take you back."

I lived in York each & every summer of my childhood. Although the water is too cold the Lighthouse will always be the one & only for me. Thanks Bob for the link it stayed on my screen for only a second before switching back to Foxs but the pic was lovely. Wonder if you know my sister-in-laws brother, a fireman who lives in Long Beach, Howard Chin?

Again thank you both for the assist. I figured out I can zoom in to get the lighthouse view trouble is each time it refreshes it zooms back out. Wonder if there is any code to stop that & keep the size & placement of the lighthouse I like. It's really beautiful year round & at Christmas it is alight waiting for Santa. When I was a kid there were kids that lived there & came over to York in a basket for school :~)