Topic: Chumby device with web browser?

Hi,

Are there any Chumby or similar 8" devices with a built in web browser?

I would like to use a Chumby enabled device to monitor my home ip-cameras (Foscam) and therefore the device should have a browser with the ability to sign on with userid and password to the cameras user interface.

Re: Chumby device with web browser?

The Chumby 8 has a web browser, though it's not too sophisticated. Unfortunately, Chumby is not manufacturing any products at all any more, and support is pretty much limited to this forum.  You should probably look at some other areas on the forum to see what the current state of Chumby is. Insignia and Sony made similar devices, but they've abandoned the platform.

3 (edited by magnuken 2012-04-22 11:53:58)

Ok, thanks for the information.

I have also understood that Chumby is now a days a pretty dead platform! There have not been any new apps for a long time and several of the old widgets has stopped to function!

PS. I now have a Chumby One and with that device I can view still pictures from my Foscam with the application ImageURL. But I would like to have a little bigger device (7-10" display) from which I could view live video from my security cams.

get one of these for $80 or so :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ainol-Tablet-PC … 4ab68e7fac
you get stands for em with power if you want to stand it on a desk or just hang it on a wall.