Topic: Zurk's Chumby 8 Offline Firmware ( Insignia Infocast / chumby8 only! )
This is my chumby 8 offline firmware. it does not rely on chumby.com servers at all. You may continue to use network services (e.g. weather) from other sites but all access to chumby.com is blocked.
Please post any technical questions here : http://sourceforge.net/projects/zurk/forums/forum/12064
I am no longer very active on these forums but other people can help you with simple questions here.
1. Download the zip file from here : http://sourceforge.net/projects/zurk/fi … p/download
2. Take a blank USB flash drive and unzip all the files keeping the directory structure intact. make sure the debugchumby file (included in the zip) is on the root directory of the usb disk.
3. Put the usb drive in your chumby and switch it off. then switch it on.
4. select control panel - change your time zone to your correct location.
5. Thats it! Your chumby should be fully setup with no more chumby.com requirements. You have 5 widgets in the default channel. By editing profile in the html/ folder of the usb drive with notepad, you can modify the zipcode and location so you get proper weather for your area. If you want to reset your chumby simply remove the usb flash drive and shut your chumby off completely and back on. done.
You can now deactivate your chumby and delete your chumby.com account! It is completely free!
Let me know if you have any issues. This works for chumby 8 and insignia.