Topic: Local Info widget

Some weeks ago, this widget changed on my chumby classic.  When  reading news items, there used to be a button to email the link.  Now there is a read more button, but it does nothing.

Re: Local Info widget

Hmmm, the "READ MORE" button should only appear on browser-enabled devices, like the chumby 8, dash or Android.

I'll look into it.

Any word, good or bad on this issue?

Im still waiting.  Any love for classic chumby?

I am considering cheap android tablet as chumby replacement.  This is a classic Chumby, and is slowly losing functionality.  Mediafly and Local Info Widget were maybe the most used functions on mine.

jmcgee wrote:

I am considering cheap android tablet as chumby replacement. Mediafly and Local Info Widget were maybe the most used functions on mine.

Well, you're not going to get Mediafly on an android tablet either. The Mediafly company just doesn't do the same things anymore.

of course not, there are not really direct analogs of chumby widgets on android, other than the chumby app, which relies on the same servers.

I am now using my android phone for internet radio and alarm. Heck my home internet can die and as long as I have cell service.  I am using doggcatcher with its sleep timer as replacement to mediafly. and alarmdroid actually beats the chumby alarm, at least for me.

biggest downside is bad audio from phone speaker compared to Chumby. thinking about bluetooth adaptor into good amp and speaker, but then no way to turn amp on and off automatically.

8 (edited by zurk 2012-03-05 15:11:54)

try the dock radios. i know you get em for iphones. should be able to get em for droids. dock your phone/tablet and you have better speakers and a good charger together.
e.g. http://store.apple.com/ca/product/H6061 … ith-Remote
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio- … 940/review

my offline firmware should be able to correct your chumby alarm woes BTW.

I got a TA2021B amp, some Minimus 7 speakers I had, a $15 bluetooth receiver and this is working great with my Epic 4G phone.  Sounds better than Chumby (to be fair, if I had plugged Chumby into the amp and speakers, it would sound as good).  Connect to the bluetooth adaptor fine. The cell phone lives on it's charger overnight.  Superior sound, superior podcast listening with sleep timer, superior alarm clock with AlarmDroid.   Pulse app on chumby is close enough to Chumby widgets to me. 

BTW, even the Local Info widget on Android is broken also.

I could never get Zurk's offline firmware to work for me on my classic Chumby and decided to put the effort I would have put into trying to make it work to come up with different solution.