Topic: Twitter Widget Busted AGAIN

Is anybody watching the store there at Chumby?  All this thing does for the last few days is display "unable to log on to twitter server".  It's conked out two or three other times this month, too.  A lot of times it will run but just show you the public timeline (not the one you WANT which is your stream logged on with your id and password).

2 (edited by Mike_TV 2011-12-05 12:23:32)

Re: Twitter Widget Busted AGAIN

The Twitter app stopped working for me a few days ago too.  I have it running on a Chumby 8.  Re-entering your Twitter ID and password still fails to connect properly.

Also if you run the Twitter app on your Dashboard via Chumby.com you'll get the "Unable to connect to Twitter" error message there too.

So something is busted...

Here's what's happening.  The widget uses a third-party service to host a script to handle the authentication with Twitter.  The use of the app has increased to the point where it's hitting a cap on the number of requests for any given day.

That's why it works sometimes and not others.

We need to move that script elsewhere.

I just tried to file a complaint through the customer support email which is accessed by hitting on an icon for email and my message came back as undeliverable.  I was complaining that my Twitter widget hasn't worked for a week,  I tried to delete it and put it back on but now I couldn't even put the app back on.  The Twitter Search app has had the most popular searches broken for months and complaints are to no avail.  Many apps have been discontinued and I don't see better apps being made available.  Is the business model failing?  Something needs to be redone here.

Duane - Thanks for the update and look forward to the fix.

Twitter should be working again.

Why is it all the twitter clients require a login?

I want to monitor random twitter people but don't have and don't want a twitter account.

Duane wrote:

Twitter should be working again.

Working for me on my Chumby 8.  Thank you.