Topic: superclock

Does anyone know how to configure this app?  The "customize" doesn't do anything and the "marvinsnotepad.com" doesn't seem to exist.

Using an insignia infocast 8 with the chumby8 panel.

Thanks.

D

Re: superclock

danffx,
   We will attempt to contact the author. My guess is that the messages that the user stores from the app config are probably stored on the same server that is hosting "marvinsnotepad" which is of course no longer running. I'll let you know the results.

-chumbyross

I appreciate that.

Don't know what you did but it's working.  Many thanks.

Now this app has stopped showing weather for me, although it still shows my messages. Tried removing it and reinstalling it, tried different weather station codes, but it won't show weather data. ChumbyRoss, were you able to find out if the developer's still around, since his "marvinsnotepad" page is gone? I know that's out of your control, but I'll miss this simple app if it's been abandoned. Thanks.

I used the weather station codes from http://www.datasink.com/cgi-bin/stationCodes.cgi , and the weather is displaying on my SuperClock.

It's working! Thanks Ammoy1! I just re-set the app and it's working perfect. I had it set up with the same 4-letter code before, but maybe it just needed a re-set once in a while.  I can change my messages again, too. (This time I'm leaving on a very generic message just in case this happens again.)