Topic: Can you save Shoutcast stations? 'Radio' in general...

Is there any way to bookmark or save Shoutcast stations?

There are a million of them, I've found a few I like alot, but to have to search each time you want to play one is a real pain in the a**

If it acts like a radio, it should have presets.

Also, any Live365 stations available?  Internet feeds of local stations like on the iPhone since they took out the FM Radio, the little Chumby One had (Ant it worked very well if you hung up the antenna)....

Re: Can you save Shoutcast stations? 'Radio' in general...

Unfortunately, there is now way to bookmark stations in Shoutcast.  I understand where you are coming from and appreciate your suggestion.  I will add this to our suggestions doc.

-chumby support

Guess this never made it  smile

Poor Chumby  sad(

One of the issues with bookmarking SHOUTcast is that each station is assigned a number - and they occasionally (every 6 months or so), reshuffle all of the numbers, so any bookmark eventually becomes obsolete.  That is one reason why SHOUTcast alarms will start failing, falling back to the beep.

The reason they do this is that SHOUTcast.com is pretty much just a free (ad supported) directory service - if the identifiers were stable forever, then someone could simply scrape and duplicate the entire directory, slap *their* ads on it, while SHOUTcast eats the cost of maintaining the linkage between identifiers and stations.

Thats a good point.

I saw an app that did the saves by name.  Looked through the lists somehow and found them and auto updated the handle numbers.

It was by Genre, then titles in genre.  Worked pretty good!

It was an unreleased Kenmore proof of concept car radio.

Maybe U can download the link in .pls, then find the link there, and put into "my streams" ?