1 (edited by philhu 2011-04-17 12:42:16)

Topic: Alarm issues on Chumby8

Seen a few alarm issues in the sw:

1)  The tasks show up under task and alarms
2)  If you have more than 3 task/alarms, in alarms, you can't display item 4 and greater, hence, you cannot modify them
3)  You can't delete the quickalarm, only disable it, and it really doesn't disable!

When naming an alarm, you should be able to click in the created name to edit from that point.

Added:  My quick alarm, even though off, just fired.  My only other alarm is m-f 7:30am play music
Quickalarm is 7:30 every day, and it fired on a Saturday, even though it is off

Re: Alarm issues on Chumby8

Noone sees these?

Quick Alarm cant be turned off? etc etc?

philhu,

Which version of the control panel are you using?  I have the latest production CP (5.0.28) and I do not see any of problems 1,2, or 3. 

Problem 1: I still only see alarms under the alarm section and tasks under the task section.

Problem 2: There is a page selection button at the bottom of the screen. If you have more than 3 alarms, you just need to select the next page at the bottom of the screen to do any editing.

Problem 3: While you can't delete the quick alarm, it does not go off trip the alarm if if I have it set to off.

Are you by chance using a different version of the control panel?

5.0.28, just like you

1) I see tasks under tasks and alarms and tasks under alarms

2) No next page button, only the back button

3) This might be a red herring, the quickalarm was on when I just looked

I also might have mislead you after I reread my post.

This is the Chumby8 control panel on an Insignia box.

In my post I was referring to Chumby8 software.  So, actually, don't expect much support.  Was looking to see if anyone else had seen these problems.  Sorry

philhu wrote:

5.0.28, just like you

1) I see tasks under tasks and alarms and tasks under alarms

2) No next page button, only the back button

3) This might be a red herring, the quickalarm was on when I just looked

I also might have mislead you after I reread my post.

This is the Chumby8 control panel on an Insignia box.

In my post I was referring to Chumby8 software.  So, actually, don't expect much support.  Was looking to see if anyone else had seen these problems.  Sorry

Since you're running the C8 CP on an Infocast8, here's my thought...
There is a possibility the alarm daemon is different for the C8 vs the Infocast.

If you've got problems in the C8 CP on the Infocast, I'd say it's safe to assume that the problems are related to either a flashplayer difference or a difference in the underlying daemons that the CP interacts with.
However, I've been using the C8 CP's alarms and tasks for the past week, and have had no issues.

A quick suggestion would be to stop_control_panel and rename /psp/alarms to something else. Then start_control_panel and it should recreate the file from scratch. Just incase the stock Insignia alarms file is weird or not to the C8 CP's liking...

In all my testing, I have removed my alarms file and had the C8 CP recreate it, so maybe that's the crucial difference... try it and let me know what happens...

Yep that was it

Working good now!