Topic: Google Reader RSS

There was a Google Reader RSS widget about 2 weeks ago that was later removed.   Is it coming back?

Re: Google Reader RSS

Hello,

The Google Reader widget is filtered to only show for Android users, as the other chumby devices do not support ActionScript 3 yet (the language this widget is written in). In the following weeks, AS3 support will be rolling out and this widget will then be available.

kristen wrote:

In the following weeks, AS3 support will be rolling out .

what does this mean ?
will there be an update for all chumby versions?

The Chumby 8 already has FlashLite 4/AS3 support.

There is a public beta firmware for ChumbyOne available (see the Beta section).

We will be releasing a public beta firmware for Classic in the next few days.

Should those betas go well, then we'll release production firmware, and all chumby-branded devices will have AS3 support.

I'm running the ChumbyOne beta (with FL4/AS3 support) yet it won't let me run AS3 apps like Google Reader.  Can I assume that when the production firmware is released the app will start working? It would be nice to be able to 'test' it out before it goes off beta.

Just tried it on my Chumby8 and it absolutely refuses to accept my correct username and password, neither on the device nor configuring from the website.

Duane wrote:

Should those betas go well, then we'll release production firmware, and all chumby-branded devices will have AS3 support.

Does this include the Sony dash?

The Sony dash firmware (including the Flash Player) is now maintained by Sony.  You'll need to ask them.

Duane wrote:

The Sony dash firmware (including the Flash Player) is now maintained by Sony.  You'll need to ask them.

Thanks Duane. Do you know where I can - **cough** annoy them about **cough** - nicely ask the sony team if they're updating?

There is a link to their forum in the "Chumby-enabled devices" section in this forum.

v0od0o wrote:

Just tried it on my Chumby8 and it absolutely refuses to accept my correct username and password, neither on the device nor configuring from the website.

I'm having the same problem. Doesn't matter whether I sign in on the Chumby8 itself or on the chumby website.

Any chance this widget is coming to Chumby One?

thunder523 wrote:

Any chance this widget is coming to Chumby One?

Yes.

Duane wrote:

There is a public beta firmware for ChumbyOne available (see the Beta section).

We will be releasing a public beta firmware for Classic in the next few days.