1 (edited by iplayfast 2011-03-02 00:52:46)

Topic: Create new channels doesn't work.

I'm new to the Chumby software, (although I know Linux) so I am probably asking a very basic question.
If I click apps, it opens submenus of channels, featured, app catalog and best of.
If I then select channels it shows me the Featured channel.
If I then select create new, it let's me type in a name, and then doesn't create it.
if I go into the featured channel and try to delete the apps I don't like, they don't actually go away.

Is my unit in some sort of demo mode, where everything is stuck?

BTW I love the sshd, and gcc install system. I plan on using this as a clock radio, that also functions as a remote arm compiler.

Firmware version is 1.0.3548
Desktop version is 3.1.21 (top right corner)

I've tried a factory reset, but nothing changes.
I believe this is a software issue, which is why I posted it here instead of the insignia site.
The hardware in anycase is the infocase 8"

2 (edited by iplayfast 2011-03-02 01:23:54)

Re: Create new channels doesn't work.

Replying to myself. I just updated to the new beta firmware and all sorts of channels have appeared. Apparently failed previous attempts.

Deleting these channels isn't happening though. (sigh)

Re: Create new channels doesn't work.

We are currently experiencing server problems.  This is likely why you are experiencing your channel issues.  Our team of System Admins is aggressively working on the issue now.  To check status updates on our servers, please go to: http://www.chumby.com/pages/help_support .  We hope to have this issue fully resolved as soon as possible.

After our server issues are fully resolved and you are still having issues please feel free to contact chumby support.