Topic: Errors with OpenEmbedded on Silvermoon

I'm trying to get started with OpenEmbedded, but I'm running into an issue just trying to build the "console-image" recipe. I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit. I did the prereqs for OpenEmbedded using http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/OEandYourDistro. I installed the packages manually instead of using the respository/meta-package from http://blog.leggewie.org/?p=39. All the packages installed fine except "apr", there's no such package in Ubuntu's repository, but I did install libapr1-dev and libaprutil1-dev. There was no alternative for git. I reconfigured dash to not be used. I put 'BUILD_CPPFLAGS += "-Wno-format-security -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE"' at the top of my local.conf in ~/oe/chumby/conf. I installed BitBake v.1.8.18 through apt-get. Git seemed to download the sources fine. I grabbed the zip file with the Chumby specific configuration, edited the setup-chumby.sh" script to point at my ~/oe directory (I actually use ~/OpenEmbedded) and ran "source setup-chumby.sh" and chose Silvermoon. When I try to build the console image with "bitbake console-image" it goes through handling the 7307 files, then I get:

NOTE: Handling BitBake files: / (7307/7307) [100 %]
NOTE: Parsing finished. 6537 cached, 425 parsed, 345 skipped, 0 masked.
NOTE: build Angstrom ${DISTRO_VERSION}: started
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/bitbake", line 143, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/bitbake", line 140, in main
    cooker.cook()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/bb/cooker.py", line 639, in cook
    return self.buildTargets(pkgs_to_build)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/bb/cooker.py", line 526, in buildTargets
    bb.event.fire(bb.event.BuildStarted(buildname, targets, self.configuration.event_data))
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/bb/event.py", line 67, in fire
    if tmpHandler(event) == Handled:
  File "tmpHandler(e)", line 10, in tmpHandler
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/bb/__init__.py", line 100, in plain
    bb.msg.warn(''.join(args))
TypeError: warn() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)

I got the same results in VirtualBox and on a real install. Any thoughts what I need to fix? Thanks.

Re: Errors with OpenEmbedded on Silvermoon

I had to install bitbake 1.10.0 to resolve that problem.

Re: Errors with OpenEmbedded on Silvermoon

Thanks. I knew there was a newer version out, but I didn't want to deviate from the standard set up instructions any more than necessary until I got the basics working.