Topic: Roadmap for Flash Lite 4?

I'm wondering if Flash Lite 4 might be arriving on the Chumby devices anytime soon or even in the distant future.

I have some devices using FL4 and would like to potentially share the code base across Chumby enabled devices.

Cheers!

Re: Roadmap for Flash Lite 4?

Yes.  We're not announcing any specific date though.

Thanks, Duane.

If I was thinking of a date between today and the end of the year would I be close to guessing the quarter in which you are targeting FL4? smile

Is there any word on this? I am new to Chumby - I really would like to be able to develop in AS3 and don't want to devote much effort (or money on books) on AS2 if support for AS3 is imminent. I saw that a newer version of the Flash player was in QA ...

An early "developer release" of the FL4 firmware (it supports both as2 and as3 apps) is available at developer.chumby.com .  This firmware is for Insignia Infocast 8" devices only.  If you create an app in as3, your app will be entered into the contest.

Getting tantalisingly close then. Any date for the Chumby - I won't hold you to it ...

Sorry, but no exact date yet.  The chumby 8 was at CES earlier in January so there should be plenty of first-look previews available to you on the web.