Topic: Looking for previous WLAN, will the C1 try more then once?

When the Chumby boots up and the previous WLAN connection is not active, does it try again in 5min or so, or is it a one time shot?

The reason I ask is we lost power at the house and my C1 came up on it's own (like it should) but it stopped at the connection screen were it said the wireless network was not there and wanted to know if I wanted to configure a new one or use one of the old ones.

I cycled power again and the C1 was happy this time. I assume that my WRT54SG didn't come back on line fast enough after the power to the house was restored and that is why the C1 was on that screen the first time.

I was surprised that the C1 didn't connect once the WLAN was live again, unless it tries once and once only.

Also, if this happened at night would the scheduled alarm have gone of?
I have my C1 set to use network time BTW.

TIA, Matt

Re: Looking for previous WLAN, will the C1 try more then once?

It only tries once, then presents the new/existing screen.

It can't know whether the reason it can't reach the AP is that it's not yet available, or not there at all.

Duane wrote:

It only tries once, then presents the new/existing screen.

It can't know whether the reason it can't reach the AP is that it's not yet available, or not there at all.

Thanks Duane!
Yeah, I know it is not all knowing, but was hoping that if it failed once and there was no user input that it might try agian (one additonal time) in 5min or so.

So how about the alarm question, would the alarm have gone off in this senario?

On the alarm - not sure.  I'll check.

Duane wrote:

On the alarm - not sure.  I'll check.

Duane, Did you ever find out of the alarm would have sounded?
Thanks, Matt