Topic: "First 50" speak up!

Have you received your Chumby yet?  Pictures, oohs, aahs, and doh's! greatly appreciated.

Re: "First 50" speak up!

Here, here! Please share...lots of envious people would love to vicariously share your experiences with the new beta chumby!

Howdy!

I was honored to be picked as one of the first 50. I got the order information on July 31st and immediately ordered a black chumby. The store was VERY easy to use and navigate, and I had no problem ordering it. According to the store, it hasn't shipped yet, but I've been told it'll ship early next week. I'll post some pics when I get it. So far, two very hardy thumbs up for the experience!

Jonathan

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."- August 2005 edition of Have a Good Day

i hope that you like your chumby!

My pearl Chumby is on it's way! Will have photos up as soon as it arrives.

Shipped/Billed On:       08/06/2007      
Service:     EXPEDITED     
Weight:     .80 Kg
Scheduled Delivery:     08/10/2007

Package Progress
Location                        Date     Local Time     Description
LOUISVILLE, KY,  US     08/06/2007     9:25 A.M.     IN TRANSIT TO

CHEK LAP KOK, HK     08/06/2007     9:24 P.M.     DEPARTURE SCAN

SHENZHEN, CN     08/06/2007     3:47 P.M.     DEPARTURE SCAN
    08/06/2007     11:59 A.M.     ORIGIN SCAN
CN     08/06/2007     12:07 A.M.     BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS:  08/07/2007 12:21 A.M.  ET

Very keen to see everyone's pics....remember links rather than images in forum posts plz!

You guys are soooooooooo lucky!!!!

The ordering process was quick, and intuitive.  The website was clean and easy to navigate.
Very pleased!
I can't wait until Friday.

"We will find a way, or we will make one."

My (latte) chumby is on it's way! It will arrive on friday, according to the UPS tracking site.

I found the whole ordering experience to be easy and quick. I'm so excited! ^_^

I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives.

9 (edited by KevinLeeC 2007-08-07 14:01:17)

My black Chumby (aka Chumley) is en route from China in the company of 49 other brand-new Chumbys.

As was noted above, ordering was simple and straightforward.  The web store acted just as I expected; just like any other well-mannered e-commerce site. All of the familiar metaphors (shopping cart, check-out) were there. Were it not for the fact that I was ORDERING A CHUMBY it would have been a typical, run of the mill, on-line shopping experience.

I'll post more (including picture linkage) when the eagerly awaited Chumby arrives.

One more thing...can people who have virtual Chumby become "Chums"?  I'll want to put the Chumby through its paces when it arrives and I'd love to have a few Chums to help me test out the social networking features.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Life -- In Six Minute Slices
www.ShortCummingsAudio.com

My chumby arrives Friday! I can't wait. I will have pics ready for everyone.

I'm also one of the First 50.  Hubby and I are excited, but he might have to order his own come public release.  *wink*

Mine was shipped today, but won't arrive until monday!  WOE!  Woe is me.  Ok, it's not that bad.

Chumby store was nice, except that it wasn't stocked full of other fun chumby stuff for me to spend money on.  And they spelled my name wrong.  But I'll forgive them, that wouldn't happen in a real situation.  I did, however, enjoy that each Chumby color had its picture taken next to a different object.  Obsessive much?  I picked a pearl.

The only thing I definitely forsee me needing is more AC adapters, one for the bedroom, one for the living room, one for the kitchen, one for my office.  Those 4 at a bare minimum.

What are the rest of you 50 doing until yours get there?

My latte chumby should be here by Monday. I can't wait! Until then, nothing much to say, but I'll be sure to tell all as soon as it arrives in the mail smile

<3 Christina

I just recieved my loooovely chumby today. It's very cute and squishy, etc. I will post pictures soon. I have only one little problem and that is that it doesn't have a charm hook. I already spoke to customer service about it. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't want to void the warranty by adding something on, just in case I need help later on.

So far though, this has been amazing! I can't wait to see what everyone else is doing with their chumbys!

It's here and it's everything I hoped it would be!

Pictures are here.

invaderbees wrote:

I don't want to void the warranty by adding something on, just in case I need help later on.
So far though, this has been amazing! I can't wait to see what everyone else is doing with their chumbys!

Does altering the soft case void the warranty????

Great "first photos"!  Has anybody played with the channels yet?  Wondering how quick/smooth the change is between them.

Thanks,
GTM

The transition from one widget to the next is very smooth.  A little pie-slice-clock shows up faintly in the top left corner as the new widget loads.  The change from widget is very fast.

I'm starting to think about how to organize my channels into useful categories (News/Weather, Entertainment, etc...) for more efficiency.

the channels were very easy to pick up one and the transition from computer to chumby was unbelievably smooth. my hardest problem was getting the touch screen to work well. i had to calibrate it several times and now finally i am getting the hang of navigating my chum

I got my chumby  yesterday, and after some initial problems connecting to the network I finally have it up and running today. this little device is so cool!

I like most of the widgets; however, I cannot open my mail, just see header.  Also, for the Sugar Network, I am only able to read the headlines, and not the actual story.... Has anyone tried these widgets?

Here are some pictures I wanted to share with all of you!  some are not so good, but oh well.  http://www.flickr.com/gp/11258305@N07/2KZ9E7

C'mon FirstFolks! Bless the little guy off so the rest of us can play! smile

:: Mark

About the alarm clock;  Is there a "weekend" setting so that it will not go off on Sat & Sun?

midiwall wrote:

C'mon FirstFolks! Bless the little guy off so the rest of us can play! smile

As quick as we can.

The Chumby folks have been very responsive to the issues which have come up and within two days of getting my Chumby I've already updated the firmware.  I expect the updates will come pretty regularly for the next week.

What's most refreshing is that everytime something has come up the response has been positive.  There's no defensiveness at all, just a real committment to "getting it right".

gtm170

There is no weekend feature to the alarm.  It's on or off.  There are two alarms, and they are simple to navigate to and turn off and on.  However, I understand how nice it would be for there to be a feature for weekday/weekend alarms.  Should be able to add this as a software update, I would think... 
Thoughts anyone with technical knowledge about the product?  Feasibility?

"We will find a way, or we will make one."