Topic: charger tip?

I'm buying tips for a device that charges multiple personal electronics but I don't know what tip to look for. Is there a common type of charging tip used in different devices that's equivalent to the chumby charging tip? it would be nice to be able to charge them all from this one strip.

Re: charger tip?

I presume you are asking about the chumby one. The charger tip required is a 0.9mm I.D. x 3.2mm O.D. tip. It's not terribly common but they do exist in some universal adapter kits. 0.8mm I.D. tips (same O.D.) work as well, and they have a snugger fit. Make sure your charger has the appropriate rating, though -- chumby one is rated for up to 2A at 5V +/-5% -- typically we consume much less but there are configurations where we can get close to that amount of power consumed, particularly if you have a power-hungry USB peripheral plugged in.

And of course, the official policy of the company is to recommend you only use the adapter provided with the chumby One -- the warranty may be voided by using your own power adapter, as you will damage your device if you put in the wrong kind of adapter with the wrong rating!

7BAA 2E53 01C1 DCFF 497B  E7F0 9699 A303 78F0 D9B9