Topic: FM Radio Presets and Tuner Enhancement

I listen to the FM radio through out the day at work and I have a couple of requests.  First would be presets.  I know this was touched upon elsewhere in the forum but not in the sense that I'm thinking.  I'd really like to see presets function in the manner that the presets on a car stereo work - tap a button to jump to a station.

Second, I'd like to see the tuner slider work a little differently.  Currently, you have to drag the slider to change the frequency which is what you'd expect.  I'd also really like to be able to touch the horizontal bar of the slider and be able to jump down the spectrum.  This would in essence work in a similar fashion as a browser scroll bar.

One or both of these changes would be great as they'd really speed up frequency changes.

This my first Chumby (and first post) so thanks for a great product.

Re: FM Radio Presets and Tuner Enhancement

Actually, what would be completely awesome would be a general presets/favorites mechanism for music.  Drilling down to a particular stream/playlist right now is a massive time-sink: being able to have a top-five set of streams/stations/playlists/whatevs with one- or two-click access to them would be awesome.

Here's another vote for FM presets AND access to saved URLs/FM presets/streams from a single app.

reagan9000 wrote:

Here's another vote for FM presets AND access to saved URLs/FM presets/streams from a single app.

Definitely need some way to make presets for the radio streams! ASAP! Hurry.

It is so cumbersome to do all the touching and scrolling to get to one station, then if you use a different station, repeating the process to go back to the original station!

Chumby already seems to display the last-played stream, so it seems that could be built upon to turn it into a way to make presets or bookmarks or favorites or something!

I also would like to jump to NPR on 91.3 at 11:00AM PST for Science Friday on Fridays, then to 99.3 at 7:30PM PST for the John Tesh Radio Project on weekdays.  I see there is a simple text file stating what channel the radio is tuned to, so how about letting us set what channel to go to for a particular alarm?

Thanks in advance.

PS - I love my Chumby!