Topic: No Tetris Widget?

For shame, i would absolutely love to have a tetris game available. Anyways, i just got my Chumby today and so far i'm absolutely thrilled with it but i was hoping to see tetris since it's my favorite game to kill time with.

Re: No Tetris Widget?

You know the Tetris people are almost as bad at suing people as the RIAA is?
Though it would be nice to see a clone.. but its a very careful line not to cross and get burned

Tetris would be interesting on the Chumby.  It would be fun to tilt the device to slide the pieces side to side and shake it to rotate them!

joltdude wrote:

You know the Tetris people are almost as bad at suing people as the RIAA is?
Though it would be nice to see a clone.. but its a very careful line not to cross and get burned

Yes. I, of course, meant a clone rather than a port. I'm not one to advocate pirating.

But Tetris is a simple enough game that making a competent clone shouldnt be an issue. And i think MSlafka has a decent suggestion over having the tilt function of the device being integrated into the game. And on a similar note, a game like Arkanoid (or Breakout) would be fun.

greydevil wrote:

And on a similar note, a game like Arkanoid (or Breakout) would be fun.

Yes!!!  I was so surprised that there is no Breakout game for the Chumby.  The platform would be perfect for something like that!

MSlafka wrote:
greydevil wrote:

And on a similar note, a game like Arkanoid (or Breakout) would be fun.

Yes!!!  I was so surprised that there is no Breakout game for the Chumby.  The platform would be perfect for something like that!

The overall number of games is a bit lacking, but there are a few that are quite well made so i feel disinclined to complain too much lol. If anyone that has knowledge in making widgets reads this it would be most appreciated if the Tetris and Breakout games are at least given a fair consideration.

I'm still waiting for someone to do a Breakout or Pong clone using the wheel on the c1.