1 (edited by vew 2009-12-06 12:14:58)

Topic: Widget Ideas (UK based)

I have just purchased my first Chumby (Classic) :-) and, since I am not a software developer though I would post a few suggestions for widget ideas I think it would be great to see for us users over here in Blighty.

I know its a bit of a 'want list' and I have no idea how acheivable they might be, but think it would be great and exciting to see:

~ An Internet Radio for listening to Radio 1, Radio 4, Classic FM etc...

~ A Met Office 5 day Weather forecast for you local area

~ A Met Office 5 day Tide forecast for your local area

~ A Highways Agency widget detailing any congestion/diversions/accidents/road-works information in your region or local area

~ UK TV Channel listings (possibly your top 5 channels now and in the next few hours)

~ Weekly ODEON and Vue Cinema listings for your local cinema 

~ An alertme home security system widget to view system status, arm the 'night mode' and possibly (when twinned with the the Chumby alarm clock) disarms 'night mode' in the mornings

Just a few ideas, look forward to seeing what the forum thinks.

Re: Widget Ideas (UK based)

There is a widget for BBC Weather in the UK where you put in your postal code.  Take a look at the various weather applets on chumby.com, and you should find it there --- it's called "BBC Weather".

Not sure if that is the same as "Met Office" (is that what we in the Colonies call the 'Weather Bureau' or 'National Weather Service' ?) but wanted to mention the above in case you hadn't seen it yet :-)

3 (edited by vew 2009-12-07 12:18:17)

Re: Widget Ideas (UK based)

Hi bakersma,

Thanks for the reply -

Thanks! - I have uploaded the BBC weather fore-caster, and on checking the BBC weather centre site they are indeed  twinned with the Met office (the UK equivalent to the Weather Bureau/National Weather Service) so my apologies.

Thanks once again, and looking out the window, I hope this rain soon clears up!

Cheers :-)