Topic: Adobe Air

I am new to this forum, and have seen earlier posts re: this subject, but am wondering if an adobe air runtime will ever be supported on the Chumby or Chumby One? I think Adobe Air is a tremendous software package that needs to run on chumby, but have not seen any indication it will ever be supported. Does anyone have any new information??

thanks
frank

Re: Adobe Air

I doubt it, given the existing difficulties with getting a web browser working well, and the dependent nature of Adobe AIR. Plus not sure if you've noticed, Adobe AIR eats RAM like crazy (check out the next AIR app you run). It has been getting better though.

I'd say it is more likely that Chumby will get the new Adobe Flash Player 10 runtime soon though (given one exists that works on Android and WinMo devices), and with that you get Flex support as well. Combined with the custom calls for access to IO and the file system, you get something pretty close to AIR (from the Flash side anyway; not the webkit/JS side).

Thank you for the reply. I guess I will have to wait for a windows7 touchpad device, which will of course cost much more.

ChairmanBubba wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I guess I will have to wait for a windows7 touchpad device, which will of course cost much more.

That wasn't an official response btw - a Chumby employee might chime in and say something different; that was just my thoughts on Adobe AIR.

Chumby has no comment on this - it's entirely up to Adobe.