Re: I Heart Radio?

Duane wrote:

Try:

http://kfi-am.akacast.akamaistream.net/7/121/19771/v1/auth.akacast.akamaistream.net/kfi-am

I haven't tried it on a dash, but give it a shot.  It's apparently an AAC+ stream, but it may work as a "direct" stream in the "Internet Radio Streams" music source.  Let us know if it works.

Thanks! ;-) Now I can listen to KFI on my computer without a lot of RAM being used on the browser player. And I can punch up the treble with Winamp's eq. Thanks dude! ;-)

Drewdove in Menifee, CA

Totally waiting for iHeartRadio to work with the alarm!!!

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please!!!  wink

28 (edited by BobW46 2011-05-05 10:16:50)

Well, here it is May 2011 and the iheartradio for Chumby One is still the same old beta code.  I have had a lot of trouble since I got the Chumby over a year ago with disconnects and having to re-start iheartradio to re-capture the data stream for KFI, a clear channel station out of Los Angeles.  And it is not just KFI, it is also any other station I have tried in the iheartradio listings.  It is not my wireless router as I can call up Pandora and play it without a hitch.  I live in a mountainous area that has very poor AM and FM reception.  The prime reason I got the Chumby was to listen to KFI.  It is becoming so frustrating that we are about ready to give up on using Chumby.  Please do your customers a favor and petition iheartradio to get us a more robust version of the application for the Chumby.

BobW46 wrote:

Well, here it is May 2011 and the iheartradio for Chumby One is still the same old beta code.  I have had a lot of trouble since I got the Chumby over a year ago with disconnects and having to re-start iheartradio to re-capture the data stream for KFI, a clear channel station out of Los Angeles.  And it is not just KFI, it is also any other station I have tried in the iheartradio listings.  It is not my wireless router as I can call up Pandora and play it without a hitch.  I live in a mountainous area that has very poor AM and FM reception.  The prime reason I got the Chumby was to listen to KFI.  It is becoming so frustrating that we are about ready to give up on using Chumby.  Please do your customers a favor and petition iheartradio to get us a more robust version of the application for the Chumby.

I was about to post what I thought was a new problem with i Heart Radio and now I see I'm not alone. I've been having trouble with KFI for over a year and today I decided to see if it was KFI or i Heart Radio itself. I set up WWNC in i Heart and lo' and behold, the same problem exists. I sometimes have to tap "Stop" and "Start" every few minutes to continue to listen to KFI or WWNC. I've written to Clear Channel more than once and have never received a reply. Can't we find an alternative source for KFI? Obviously CC doesn't give a damn.

Unfortunately, I found a solution to the KFI/iHeartRadio situation which has been a Chumby problem for at least two years. Believe me, when I say I really like (liked) my TWO Chumby Ones. The KFI drop-out situation has been a frustration from my first Chumby One. I found a solution! That's the reason for me starting with "Unfortunately". If you want to listen to KFI the solution I've found is to buy a Grace WiFi Internet Radio. KFI still drops out, but with the Grace radio it keeps retrying to reconnect until it is successful. With the Chumby you must manually press "Stop" and then "Play". I have the Grace Inovation III. Works fine as described. You can buy a refurbished unit, as I did, for considerably less money. It seems that Chumby is unable to fix the auto-retry after two years of complaints. GraceDigitalAudio doesn't appear to have that problem.    (:o(