Topic: I Heart Radio?

Hey All!

I just got my Chumby today - and 99% of the reason that I bought it was for a program called "I heart radio."  I can't find it/figure out how to get this on my Chumby!  Anyone familiar with this?  Please help!!

Thanks!!

Lauren

Re: I Heart Radio?

Open the Control Panel by press on the top of the unit, select the "MUSIC" button, then select "iheartradio" from the list.

iheartradio isn't actually a widget - it's what's called a "music source" which is treated a bit differently than normal widgets.

Thanks!! 

Now - last question - can you set one of the i heart radio stations as an alarm??

I think the iheartradio music source does not currently support alarms.  Hopefully soon!

Any idea why KFI on iheartradio won't load after 12? I can play it from my computer just fine, but when I try to play it on my Chumby it just says "buffering." Other iheartradio stations work.

I'm having the same problem with KFI.  My other IheartRadio channels work, just not KFI.  Its not KFI's stream because I can stream it on my computer.

We'll take a closer look.

EDIT: It appears this particular stream is broken at the provider. Note that the stream you get from the station website is *not* necessarily the same as the stream you get on embedded devices.

Will there be a solution for this problem?  I have no trouble getting KFI on my Grace Wireless Radio.

wildflwr wrote:

Will there be a solution for this problem?  I have no trouble getting KFI on my Grace Wireless Radio.

We're not in control of the streams - they're provided by Clear Channel.  We're try to reach out to them and see what they say about it.

It's quite possible your other radio uses a different stream.

Duane,
The odd thing is, I get KFI just fine via:

*The IHeartRadio app on my iPhone
  *The I HeartRadio web site
  *The KFI website itself
Everything but my chumby.  My good ole' chumby is my nightstand radio, but lately I've been having to use my iphone to listen to coasttocoastam.

Chumby is starting to feel jealous of my iPhone!  ;-)

regards!

I'm not sure what to say - the URLs for the streams come directly from ClearChannel.  The problem is upstream, and we've reported it.

We're not involved any more than we are with the news stores that show up on the Google News widget.

The current "I Heart Radio" system from Clear Channel is up to version 2.0 and has hundreds of stations sent in AAC format.  The one on the Cumby is an old beta whose channel feed never seems to change and has a handful of stations.

kriston wrote:

The current "I Heart Radio" system from Clear Channel is up to version 2.0 and has hundreds of stations sent in AAC format.  The one on the Cumby is an old beta whose channel feed never seems to change and has a handful of stations.

Yeah sad

ClearChannel is responsible for this music source.  They wrote the code, they operate the servers.

Duane wrote:

ClearChannel is responsible for this music source.  They wrote the code, they operate the servers.

Tell them not to suck, Duane smile

We're working on it smile

Duane wrote:

We're working on it smile

Tell them to give you version 2.0.  The AAC sounds awesome.

fuelfan wrote:

Thanks!! 

Now - last question - can you set one of the i heart radio stations as an alarm??

Any update on this?

Is iheartradio available for the Sony Dash?  If so, how?

bananaheim wrote:

Is iheartradio available for the Sony Dash?  If so, how?

That's a question for Sony, but as far as I know, it's not.

Thanks.  Does anyone know the streaming URL for KFI?

Try:

http://kfi-am.akacast.akamaistream.net/7/121/19771/v1/auth.akacast.akamaistream.net/kfi-am

I haven't tried it on a dash, but give it a shot.  It's apparently an AAC+ stream, but it may work as a "direct" stream in the "Internet Radio Streams" music source.  Let us know if it works.

Thanks.  Unfortunately it did not work.

I guess since it is not in the Music list for Infocast that it can't be added either?  Thought I'd ask since this device seems a bit more 'open' then the Sony.

The list of music source in the Infocast is somewhat up to Best Buy.

Unlike normal widgets, music sources generally require some sort of contractual relationship with the content provider,  especially since the rights around music are so complicated.