Topic: Acquiring A Chumby

How do you go about getting one of these products?  I'm a programmer and was interested in playing around with one of these.  Is there someone I can contact about getting one? Thanks  - email larsent444@mac.com

Re: Acquiring A Chumby

As of right now, they're not selling them, and they've given away a truckload of them at the Foo conference, so it might be a while before they get into the giving mood again (and probably the next giving season will have different hardware).

I know your feeling, and I'd personally be willing to pay just to get my hands on one, but as of right now it just isn't happening. Snoop eBay or just wait for them to consider giving away/selling a few more.

I just posted this in another forum (http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=377#p377), but we're considering some other methods (contests, etc.) for people to possibly obtain an early chumby unit for those who weren't at FOO Camp. So, stay tuned.

Joe

Yes, I think a contest would be great. People could submit ideas about what they would do with their Chumby and selected entries would be awarded with a free Chumby. What would happen to about 10 ideas I already sent to the Chumby guys?

Contest sounds fair. A friend and I have some big plans lined up and a free chumby would certainly help us.