Topic: Some suggestions

Here are some fixes and enhancements that I feel the chumby needs, take 'em or leave 'em:

- An optional option to have the chumby display the widgets if inactive for a certain period of time (ie. if you are on the music menu, it will just stay that way until you select "Done", it should just go back to the widgets like the main control panel does)

- A better way to scroll through stations in the pandora app (maybe a separate full screen list with a slider... the chumby is just a little too slow for the existing scrolling implementation)

- A list of all of the widgets on the chumby, accessible from the chumby. Would make it easier to delete widgets and jump right to the one you want at a given time.

- A way to add widgets right from the chumby (should not be a widget, should be accessible from the control panel)

Re: Some suggestions

I would second the suggestion about the way the Pandora channels scroll.  I was thinking
the little tabbed arrows (similar to what's on the current playing song frame) may also
work.

Also, I'd like to see Pandora (or indeed the entire internet radio app) as a widget.
I use my chumby exclusively as an "internet radio receiver" and having it pop right
back to the radio when I power it on would be ideal.

Another feature for Pandora (or possibly for the whole system) would be a "go to sleep
in x minutes" or "go to sleep at x time" feature so when it hits that time it stops playback
and goes dark.

I do some light development, so I will be looking at implementation of these features
myself, but just thought I would also leave feedback here as well.

Awesome little product, replaced my XM receiver, and is far more fashionable!
wxd

Yes, I know there are multiple threads that discuss some of these issues, had to choose one of
them to post to! smile

4 (edited by alireal 2010-01-06 12:14:35)

Billydoom, there actually is a sleep functionality on the device called "Timer."
It's dynamic and only appears when a music source is playing. To access it, navigate to the main Music screen and look for the button at the top right of the screen.

Thanks for your other suggestions. Keep the feedback coming!