Topic: Chumby Forums Broken?

I don't know if this has happened to anybody else, but my user name, my forum posts, and all of my replies, DISAPPEARED. Everything I have ever posted as been erased. I had ideas for widgets, suggestions for hardware, and an active participation in the development of Chumbyland. Now it's all gone! There's NOTHING LEFT. All of my replies disappeared, as well as all of my ideas, even my user account. I had to remake my user account just to post here. And I didn't receive any notification or anything.

It's not like I've ever started a fight on these forums. I've only posted supportive suggestions and ideas. I have to imagine this is some kind of bug, why would ANYONE want to censor me?? I am rather incensed right now though. I feel like some invisible hand has tried to stomp out my existence. Has this happened to anyone else?? Are these forums broken?

I would like to know, as I love my Chumby, and I've put in countless hours trying to help it's develop. I feel like a tornado just hit my trailer park! What happened???

Re: Chumby Forums Broken?

this is a ``community policing'' forum and i rely on the feedback of the user base to keep things under control.

since it's been a few weeks, i don't recall the specifics of why all of your posts were removed, but i assure you
that i received several complaints from long standing members of this forum requesting that i do so.

i apologize if this was done in error.

/mdkail

mdkail wrote:

this is a ``community policing'' forum and i rely on the feedback of the user base to keep things under control.

since it's been a few weeks, i don't recall the specifics of why all of your posts were removed, but i assure you
that i received several complaints from long standing members of this forum requesting that i do so.

/mdkail

That's strange, on MaxSMoke777's behalf, I personally never had any issues with comments or content, but I certainly didn't follow every thread.

Good thing I printed out your game idea Max!

4 (edited by MaxSMoke777 2008-11-18 15:03:03)

mdkail wrote:

/mdkail

Ok, so if I understand this right....  You clearly remember removing my account and all posts.... and yet, you don't recall doing it at all, and you think it's probably an error? Do you remember anything at all, or are you just guessing?

I would think that completely blacklisting somebody would be a memorable thing to do, and not something you'd quickly forget. You can't recall a single thing that I did wrong? ALL of my posts were removed!!! My forum account was deleted! This is the internet equivalent to having all of my property destroyed and being thrown in jail.

I don't know if anyone has ever done something like this to you online, but please let me assure you, it's very traumatic. My voice has been silenced, my free speech has been robbed. I would think you'd have something more to say then just "I think I had a good reason". What could I have POSSIBLY said to deserve to be treated like this?

Thanks for the support, Cbreeze. It's good to know I have friends.  I am so baffled, shocked, mortified that this would happen to me. From this response, I feel like there's a legion of people on this forum that are out to get me. Apparently these "long standing members" want me silenced. I can't imagine why. I'll have to think twice about using this forum in the future.

I certainly have never been a Forum moderator, but it would seem appropriate to at least give a warning, and then at least the reasons why a user would be cleaned out.  I certainly would like that if it ever happened to me.

Hopefully a happy ending can be found to this story.

Cheers.

MaxSMoke777 wrote:

I'll have to think twice about using this forum in the future.

i hope that you reconsider.  in the interest of preserving a strong community, i've restored all of your legit posts, but
to do so, had to slightly alter the username that posted them.  instead of 'MaxSMoke777', you can search for 'MaxSmoke777'
and you'll see that there have been 33 posts restored.

/mdkail

Thank you very much! I am very relieved to hear this.