Re: Chumbyland

abc oops my bad the plus mark nd the crafting token must be a new additon i'll check it out. i know they where 10 online a while ago it might have changed

227 (edited by cbreeze 2008-11-20 00:09:17)

Chumbyland 1.9.5.7

Let the fun begin!  Chumbyland now supports user crafted Chumbyland Props!

You can use them in Design Mode, gift them, hide them, and even sell them in your Chumbyland Shops.

When you create an item, you now have the option to make it a prop as well.  All items, whether prop or not, still cost 1 Crafting Token to create.  Obviously not all items need to be props, so choose wisely.

You now purchase Crafting Tokens in the Chumbyland Prop Shop.  Still 10 items for 1 Crafting Token, but you can at least choose the items you want to use for payment now. smile

You have new pricing options available now when you set up your Chumbyland Shop.  It is up to you if you want to try and make a profit on your Chumbyland Props.

The instructions for creating props are very similiar to creating items, and really only require one more step, which is all laid out in the new...

Chumbyland Customization Tool 2.0

Rebuilt from the ground up, the tool should be much more stable now.  Some new additions:

- Create Chumbyland Props in the crafting area!

- You can now change the name of your "home" location, as well as, your Chum.

- Crafting Tokens are no longer available in the tool, use the Chumbyland Prop shop in the widget.

Please empty your web browser cache to make sure you are running the most recent Customization Tool.  It will show version 2.0 in the upper right (it looks a little different also)

--

When viewing your Chumbag, you will no longer see Props that are currently being used in Design Mode (good call acb73737).

--

I can't wait to see what people make.  And if you feel like it, send me one. smile

Happy Chumbyland Crafting!

Cheers.

Chumbyland Chatter will be down for a bit tonight or tommorrow.  The Chumbyland Lotto is currently not running, but will be back shortly.

cbreeze, I did something silly, and as a result you might wanna consider if this is something to re-word at some point.  I went in to craft an item, and I then (on the same screen) created an entirely different prop.  I It didn't occur to me that they would end up with the same title. When I went onto my chumby, they were both created and accessible to use, but the prop now has the name of the craft.  I created a sand bucket craft and a beach chair prop; they're both called "sand bucket" and (at least on my chumby this morning), when I clicked to get the "sand bucket" onto my home screen, the beach chair showed up. 

I'm sure when you design this, you try to figure out all the stupid things someone might do.  THIS doesn't strike me as one of those easily-anticipated things. 

Sorry.  lol

I still cant make Crafted things because the box stays blank!  I got a kiwi bird though. Thanks!

230 (edited by servalan 2008-11-20 13:44:09)

Any luck on debugging the access problem for some of us antipodeans? I've authorised you to send me widgets in some of my channels. FWIW, the 'Where in the World' widget works fine for me, assuming it has a similar method of operation. Imagine us... noses squished up against the world of chumbyland curious to get a look in. wink

servalan wrote:

Any luck on debugging the access problem for some of us antipodeans? I've authorised you to send me widgets in some of my channels. FWIW, the 'Where in the World' widget works fine for me, assuming it has a similar method of operation. Imagine us... noses squished up against the world of chumbyland curious to get a look in. wink

Sorry, got caught up in the update smile.  Getting it for you now.

Cheers.

acb73737 wrote:

I still cant make Crafted things because the box stays blank!  I got a kiwi bird though. Thanks!

Can you explain in more detail, and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers.

Bubbles wrote:

cbreeze, I did something silly, and as a result you might wanna consider if this is something to re-word at some point.  I went in to craft an item, and I then (on the same screen) created an entirely different prop.  I It didn't occur to me that they would end up with the same title. When I went onto my chumby, they were both created and accessible to use, but the prop now has the name of the craft.  I created a sand bucket craft and a beach chair prop; they're both called "sand bucket" and (at least on my chumby this morning), when I clicked to get the "sand bucket" onto my home screen, the beach chair showed up. 

I'm sure when you design this, you try to figure out all the stupid things someone might do.  THIS doesn't strike me as one of those easily-anticipated things. 

Sorry.  lol

I'll reset your craft if you would like.

When crafting you are always creating an "item", a "prop" is just an item you can also use in Design Mode, hence the reason you need to include a larger "matching" image as well, if not the item would look terrible on the screen.

I'll try and clear that up a bit.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers.

servalan wrote:

Hmmm... I am suprised nobody else brought this up, but it appears any new users are having that issue. sad

I should have noticed that the population was not going up.  I messed something up a while back it appears. my apologies.

I am working on it now.

Cheers.

OK, new registrations should be working again.  Please refresh your channel and give it a shot.  I apologize to anyone who may have had the same issue.

Welcome to Chumbyland...come on in, the water is fine! smile

Cheers.

Crafting works now.  It wasn't the right size.

acb73737 wrote:

Crafting works now.  It wasn't the right size.

Awesome...whew.

238 (edited by cbreeze 2008-11-20 17:52:29)

Chumbyland 1.9.5.8

A few notable adjustments:

The options for traveling have changed a bit.  When you open your Travel Menu you now have 3 options:

Thumbs - Your Chum will travel through Chumbyland locations that have been "thumbed" only.  A location is usually "thumbed" because of it's unique design.

Chums - Your Chum will travel through Chumbyland locations that are owned by Chums on your My Chums list only.  If you don't have any My Chums, the trip defaults to "Roam".

Roam - Your Chum will travel through any Chumbyland location that you have not "blocked".

--

Blocking Locations:

When your Chum is traveling, you now have an extra option in the Travel Menu.  You can not only choose to bring your Chum home by touching the "Return Home" button, but you can also "block" the location you are visiting by touching the "Block Loc" button.  Once you "block" a location, your Chum will never visit that location during its travels, unless you specifically send your Chum there using a Quick Trip.

There may be a variety of reasons why you would want to "block" a location, but I will leave that up to you.

Happy Chumbyland Traveling!

Cheers.

Chumbyland Chatter is currently not available until further notice.

Is there a blocklist, so you can unblock a location, in case you accidently blocked it?

BTW, the Thumbed location travelling is a great idea.

cbreeze wrote:

Welcome to Chumbyland...come on in, the water is fine! smile

Thanks! <packing now> wink

blobby wrote:

Is there a blocklist, so you can unblock a location, in case you accidently blocked it?

BTW, the Thumbed location travelling is a great idea.

Thanks, I've been loving a little thumb travel myself smile

You will be able to unblock, just not in yet.

Cheers.

242 (edited by cbreeze 2008-11-21 01:02:46)

Hello all,

Though it has been a blast being a part of this huge thread, at 240 posts and over 6500 views, I think it is time for Chumbyland to move into bigger space, not only to better document the growing volume of Chumbyland info, but to also help create more "chatter" among citizens, both seasoned and fresh, in all things Chumbyland.

With that said, I would like to invite you to join in at the new Chumbyland Tourism Board.

I will still be keeping an eye on this thread, because I will still be active here in other areas, but pretty much all Chumbyland related information will now be kept at the new place.

Thank you everyone for helping give life to Chumbyland!  I hope to see you over at the Chumbyland Tourism Board as well.

Cheers,

cbreeze (Develephant)

cbreeze, do you sleep? great and huge job! one more time..

smile

theMartix wrote:

cbreeze, do you sleep? great and huge job! one more time..

smile

Not much big_smile - Thanks for the compliment.

Cheers.

According to my Chumby, you have had your 1000th person join the population today.  Congratulations!

246 (edited by cbreeze 2008-11-23 14:16:00)

wayn3w wrote:

According to my Chumby, you have had your 1000th person join the population today.  Congratulations!

Thank you! But it would only be 1 if it wasn't for everyone in the Chumbyland community! smile

Cheers.

I am the first person to post here in a month! Happy Christmas!

Well,I cant understand one thing with the new updated version (11/01/10) I can't make friends!!Oh yeah.I just keep clicking and clicking to the ''add as friend'' button(In chum' information menu.).Can it be fixed?How?PLZ answer me.... smile

I'll take a look! Thanks for reporting.  smile

This may be the same thing bothering YouStreams.

The fix is queued up ready to be deployed.