Topic: "packages" built for chumby - ala Open Embedded and/or the NSLU2-Slug

I've been a long time Slug user, and always enjoyed (and occasionally contributed to) the package system it had - it was a great way to customize the little bugger without the need to build every package myself.

Any thoughts on doing the same kind of thing for the Chumby? I've hand one in my hands for a whopping 24 hours and already have a number of packages I wish were built for it, that I know I'll never have the time to build. The flash dohickies are somewhat interesting, but more interesting is to me is the chumby as a pretty darn small linux box with some nifty sensors, a mic, and speakers...

That said, anyone have a binary for CVoiceControl, espeak, and say icecast / ice, I'd love to snag a copy big_smile

Re: "packages" built for chumby - ala Open Embedded and/or the NSLU2-Slug

OE does have support, but using monotone and bitbake seems HORRIBLE from my short experience with it.  I've thought about trying to get buildroot working, but it uses uclibc instead of glibc.  After the horrible project organization of OE (although some things seem to work) I've thought about going back to the buildroot path.

Maybe we (as a community) should start our own "chumby" specific rootfs/build/packaging project. tongue

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

Re: "packages" built for chumby - ala Open Embedded and/or the NSLU2-Slug

Has anyone tried installing openwrt on a chumby?