Re: Buying your Chumby with International-orders.com

Hey thanx for the info, let us know how it goes, they actually offer any adapter for free because on my 2nd purchase I received  an international adapters kit for free as they saw my post and I have been posting on their forum as well. smile

I am pretty sure the offer is for any adapter for any forum member depending on the country of destination. does this seller on eBay ship internationally though?

I really do think you should start a thread, it is always good to have recommendations and especially if someone can confirm a smooth transaction with an eBay seller it is always apperciated!

cheers and good luck!

just use the delete button not edit LOL

28 (edited by joltdude 2008-06-22 12:23:35)

Lolo. Not to sound trite but your sitting here plugging IO.... its nice to see another option...
I wouldnt be surprised if you get a commission from orders placed...

29 (edited by lolo2008 2008-06-22 13:54:57)

LOL, commission? no but i should inquire.... all I received were extra free adapters on my 2nd purchase from them and I am not plugging at all. I actually heard about them and decided to be the guinea pig to see what would come of it and let other Chumby addicts like me know and confirm that there is a trusted source out there for all of us desperately trying to get it to our countries.

I created a post about purchasing somewhere specific. If you read up you will see that i have nothing against other options like eBay and other stores I just think that there should be a post about buying on eBay maybe sellers to buy from and not or other stores, but this post is specific and I just don't think it's cool that an eBay seller comes to spam a post to boost his sales here when this post was created to share my experience with IO and discuss it with others. This isn't for eBay sellers to advertise their accounts, that's all...

Cheers! smile

AHHH I SEE YOU MISSED THE POST ABOUT THE EBAY SELLER POINTING US TO HIS EBAY LISTINGS ON HERE, HE DID AFTER ALL DELETE IT SO DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE LAST COUPLE OF POSTS AS THEY WON'T MAKE MUCH SENSE. ;-)

I bought my chumby a week ago from a guy on eBay with a great reputation. I won't post his details on here but he is a regular seller. It arrived today and I didn't get stung for import duty because he very kindly stated it was a gift worth $35. Now all I need is a plug adapter!

Any idea where I can get one quickly?! Argos sell them but they have a round circle of plastic around the 2-pin plughole that I would need to cut/file off.

Here's to the chumby UK invasion!

svejk wrote:

I bought my chumby a week ago from a guy on eBay with a great reputation. I won't post his details on here but he is a regular seller. It arrived today and I didn't get stung for import duty because he very kindly stated it was a gift worth $35. Now all I need is a plug adapter!

Any idea where I can get one quickly?! Argos sell them but they have a round circle of plastic around the 2-pin plughole that I would need to cut/file off.

Here's to the chumby UK invasion!

If you're in the UK I think Maplin Electronics would be your best bet.... or maybe even one of the larger Boots stores.

Thanks for the quick reply Matt - I checked Maplins and Boots and both sell the same type as Argos. I think I'll get one as a temporary measure until I can get something decent, as they only cost a couple of quid.

svejk wrote:

That's exactly what I did in the end...

I realised I actually have an adapter that came with a portable DVD player, so I'm all sorted and my chumby (or chumbly as my family have named it) is performing loud and proud on my bedside table when I'm home, and my desk at work!

I'm seriously impressed with the device and with the excellent guy on eBay who I bought it from (incidentally it would have cost about $80 more to buy from IO, assuming I had opted to pay the import tax up front).

Apologies for the delay in posting (work got in the way big, big time)...

Everything went smoothly with getting my Chumby from IO ... took 9 calendar days (5 working days plus 2 weekends) from placing the order to taking delivery. The UK adapter wasn't free, though ($9).

Arrived in perfect condition, works fine and am both enjoying it and finding it very useful! Plus the missus digs it too...

I got mine at http://www.shopanyamericanstore.com - way cheaper

joltdude wrote:

Lolo. Not to sound trite but your sitting here plugging IO.... its nice to see another option...
I wouldnt be surprised if you get a commission from orders placed...

lolo2008 does indeed seem to plug this company really hard - I think Lolo works for this company  - so much for objective "research"
isn't there a rule against this kinda stuff?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … orders.com

I'm waiting for them to be released in Australia. If they are not cheaper, then I will place an order with international-orders. At least it comes with an Australian adapter!

viccles wrote:

I'm waiting for them to be released in Australia. If they are not cheaper, then I will place an order with international-orders. At least it comes with an Australian adapter!

You're in luck - http://chumby.on.net/

After looking around I decided to test some of the sites recommended, shopanyamerican store was THE MOST expensive @ $ 361.95 NOT including domestic shipping and tax, so almost $ 400, basically a total ripoff ! The Australian seller does not stock them and claims that delivery, I was informed that international-orders.com has Chumby's in stock and ships the same day.
eBay can't be trusted and I dont have an eBay acount, also there is NO warranty, service or warranty available, as I contacted Chumby directly and was informed that only International-Orders.com offers replacement, warranty and exchange of damaged/defective or broken Chumby's.

So I placed my order for a Chumby on the IO website, they actually offer any international adapter for free if you mention the forum smile