Topic: Cant play most Shoutcast streams?

Anyone else have a problem playing most of the shoutcast streams? I can only play 1 or 2 of the top 10 (in particular, I can't get Groove Salad to play). The Chumby says "Now playing stream xxxxx" for a half second, then falls back to idle.

Re: Cant play most Shoutcast streams?

Hmmm, I just went through all of the top 10 stations and they seem to be working for me.

3 (edited by StickyC 2008-03-21 16:47:41)

Just tried again, in the top 20, all I can play is #MUSIK.MAN and Turksmusic. All the others immediately stop. The timeout is so quick, I'm not even sure it's trying to actually connect to the stream.

I can play the streams fine on other PCs on my lan (both wired and wireless), so I dont think it's a firewall issue.

Update - I manually added the play link for SomaFM (http://somafm.com/startstream=groovesalad.pls) to My Streams and got the same result (says Playing Stream, then goes immediately back to idle) except that after 10 or so seconds, the stream actually started playing (while still showing idle). This does not happen in ShoutCast streams (it never plays).

I just tried loading the beta control panel and get the same result.

I cant believe this is a defective hardware issue, is there some way I can re-flash the Chumby altogether?

I had a similar problem with Virgin Radio on RadioFreeChumby. It seemed to rectifiy itself after a couple of minutes. Maybe a temporary glitch.

Colin