Topic: New Chumby - Protective Film Removal

Just got my Chumby.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I peeled off the plastic that surrounds the LCD screen (where it said "peel here" or whatever), but that only removed the film from around the perimeter edges of the LCD. It looks like there's still a type of protective film covering the LCD screen itself, OR, is that supposed to be there? I couldn't tell if the film just broke off at the edges when I removed it and left the "shipping film" over the LCD, or if there's supposed to be a thin layer of film over the LCD to protect it.

Thanks!

Re: New Chumby - Protective Film Removal

I got mine yesterday and had the same issue.  I'm going to assume that there is nothing on the screen unless someone here chimes up.

Now that you mention it, mine still has the sticky on the screen, which makes the screen feel a bit plasticy and not so smooth.

Be careful. you might be confusing the touchscreen surface with the protective plastic....

That's what I'm afraid of. I never owned a device that potentially had protection over the screen...can't tell if it's intentional or not.

When I look at the screen powered off, I see some swirly rainbow effects, which made me think there's still plastic on it that needs to be removed?