Topic: Night mode not bright enough.

Help!  The top of my bedside table is ~6 inches higher than my head when I am in bed.  As a result of the angle, the night mode display is way too dark for me to see without raising my head.  Please make night mode brighter (or at least adjustable) so that I can set the brightness to my preferences.

Thanks!

Andrew

Re: Night mode not bright enough.

for real???

Its the angle, not the brightness, I had the same problem. Just put something about a half inch tall under the back of the chumby so it tilts toward you.

Let me know if that helps!

-Tom

I heard there is no way to make it dark enough for the bedroom. Who is right here? I want a night mode that still shows all widgets just dim enough to sleep next to.

waverider wrote:

I want a night mode that still shows all widgets just dim enough to sleep next to.

That's not going to happen, as it would apparently require a hardware change. It's all or nothing for brightness.

AJG is referring to the Chumby screen being dimmer when viewed from below.

I just want the Night Mode brightness to be adjustable.  I would make it a little bit brighter.  I understand that others would make it a little bit darker.

Andrew

Well as was mentioned, there is no way to do so other than the three brightness settings (Off, Dim, Bright), this is because of a hardware limitation which was explained in detail in another post somewhere

-Tom

You could do it by using a higher-contrast/lighter color/brighter font for the numbers.

Best,

Andrew

Hilarious thread title, I have one titled night mode not dim enough wink

Yea, like one of the previous posters said it isn't the brightness it is the angle. I have my Chumby at almost a 90 degree angle to the bed now (so the bright light doesn't wake me up) and it is really hard to read. The LCD used just doesn't seem to have that great of a viewing angle - from where I look at it the 'black' background is practically as bright as the 'white' numbers!