Topic: Night mode not dark enough

Last night our Chumby finally moved from the dining room table to the bedroom nightstand. Alas, night mode is still very bright. Bright enough that in the dark bedroom my wife turned it so it was facing away from the bed (and I couldn't see the time) and it was illuminating the wall that was over 2 feet away.

Please make night mode even darker, or my wife is going to evict him!

Re: Night mode not dark enough

If you want a low tech solution try getting some clear color cellophane with a blue or red tint. Cut to shape of Chumby screen and stick it on using static cling or something to hold it there temporary. It works!!

Tip him onto his face, problem solved with no effort!

Really?  I find it perfect...  maybe there's more ambient light in my bedroom though.

Tip him on to his face? What's the point in having a clock if you can see it when you want ha ha.

Our bedroom is pretty dark, but not pitch black because we're still using temporary curtains on the window (we're remodeling). A regular LED-based alarm clock works fine, it is clear enough to see when dark but not so bright that it illuminates anything. The Chumby is just too bright, it actually casts a fan of light across the room.

It is getting kicked out of the bedroom today, not sure what I'm going to do with it now sad I guess stick it on a side table in the living room where people will see it every now and then sad

I have linear polarizing film at home.  When I have time, I'll cut it to size and take pics of how it looks in the dark.  Unfortunately, I'm currently in the mode of trying to get the chumby to even work properly, so it might be a little while.