Topic: Alarm bug

What I thought was a missed alarm due to the outage turns out to be a reproduceable bug with the alarm software.  Here are the steps to recreate it...see if it works the same on yours:

1. Create a new alarm at an arbitrary time (i.e. 6:00am)
2. Set the sound to beep/klaxon/etc. any of the built-in sounds
3. Set the alarm duration to "Forever", then turn the alarm on (SET)
4. Create another alarm five minutes later than the first (i.e. 6:05am)
5. Set the sound to beep/klaxon/etc.
6. Set the alarm duration to "Forever", then turn the alarm on (SET)

At the appointed time for the first alarm, the alarm screen appears but no sound is emitted. 

Changing the duration on the first alarm to something other than "Forever" fixes it.

I have been able to reproduce this at arbitrary times (other than 6am) and it's very consistent.  My guess is some sort of logic conflict with the idea of an alarm duration overlapping a second alarm....i.e. "Forever" from the first alarm means the alarm could be sounding already when the second alarm is due to sound.

I have the latest firmware/software/control panel update, and it doesn't seem to be dependent on a channel.

Dave
p.s. New here - is there a formal bug report form to fill out?

Re: Alarm bug

Thanks - I'll forward this to the QA folks to reproduce and file a bug.

There's no formal mechanism to file bugs other than this forum.  There is a specific area on the forum for bugs related to beta software.

OK, we found the bug - it only applies to Beep/Bugle/Klaxon alarms set to "Forever".  It will be fixed in the next Control Panel release.

Cool...glad I could help...

BMOC award to davidharpe!

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it has happened two days in a row now.

I set two alarms in the morning. 

Alarm 1 is set to go off at time A, stream some music and change to the "wake up" channel.

Alarm 2 is set to go off at time B, play the standard "beep" alarm and then do nothing.

When Alarm 1 goes off, it streams the music but does not change the channel.
When Alarm 2 goes off, it beeps and does nothing (which is what it is suppose to do).

When I look at my chumby, it's still set to my "bedtime" channel.  The first alarm did not change the channel.

I'll play with it more tonight but since it happened two days in a row, I thought I would post this.

In the current implementation, the "post alarm action" is executed only when the alarm is explicitly dismissed, or if the alarm doesn't bring up the "off/snooze" screen.

Ah...I kept hitting snooze.  So I have turn the alarm off to activate the channel.  Got it.

Thanks!