Topic: Pie in the sky idea.. A chumby dock ;)

Everyones discussing what chumby *doesnt* have.. why not have a cute little base/dock for the little fella...
powered USB hub (with some ports) , perhaps a SDHC slot, and digital audio out... Radio tuner with RDS/ HDRadio? ;)And an ethernet port? ;)Even better if there was a splitter on the power cord to power BOTH the dock and Chumby, perhaps with a place for a backup battery pack... wink

Re: Pie in the sky idea.. A chumby dock ;)

And a Stylus pen for those of us with fat fingers..  smile

MyridoM

When someone annoys me, it takes 42 muscles in my face to frown...but it takes only 4 muscles to extend my arm and b**ch-slap you!
http://haunterofthenight.com/ * new blog location

I have considered this as well. What I would like to see in a dock would be a rechargeable battery and amplified speakers. Turn the chumby into an internet streaming boom box. I have a large Li-Ion battery pack that I use, similiar to the Energizer Photo-ER battery, but it can run the Chumby for 10-14 hours. I would gladly sacrifice some of that uptime for some decent sounding amplified speakers. You could have the same Chumby power cord plug into the unit to recharge the battery.

-HuckFinn

joltdude wrote:

Everyones discussing what chumby *doesnt* have.. why not have a cute little base/dock for the little fella...
powered USB hub (with some ports) , perhaps a SDHC slot, and digital audio out... Radio tuner with RDS/ HDRadio? ;)And an ethernet port? ;)Even better if there was a splitter on the power cord to power BOTH the dock and Chumby, perhaps with a place for a backup battery pack... wink

I could probably mod a USB hub with a few port replicators I have into a somewhat crude looking dock, but it might work with the right drivers, I'll look into it and post up any progress I have.

Music Tames The Savage Beast

As does PHP and Perl.