Topic: Problems with the Chumby's music

I can't figure out how to use the My Streams, the SlimServer, or the My Music Files. So if anyone has any idea how to work these, or a better description of what they do besides the title, that would be helpful.

Re: Problems with the Chumby's music

My Streams can be used to play internet radio streams that aren't available via Radio Free Chumby or Shoutcast. You just type in the URL of the stream, select what type of stream it is and away you go. Be aware that streams that use proprietary formats like WMA or Real wont work due to licencing issues.

Slimserver is a client for the Slimserver app which will let you stream content from a computer to your Chumby. Some people have used it to stream satellite radio or iTunes playlists to the Chumby. Most of the setup is on the server side and instructions come with the Slimserver software itself - once that's set up you can just point the Chumby at the IP of your computer and hit play.

My Music files will play files off a USB stick.

Oh ok. Thanks for that.

Tismey, I just spent two days learning, enjoying and trying to understand the new music section on the new desktop, so I appreciate reading your answer. Wish I'd read it first.

What I did learn on my own was that the initial amount of channels that open up on shoutcast channel can be searched for artist/genre and that's where the "thousands of channels" chumby talks about comes in. That helped me a lot finally finding that option.

Since I've had my chumby for awhile there were no detailed music directions for this part, AND since I'm not computery enough to totally understand it, I have a few questions. What I'd like to know is, is there a way to get rid of the initial 20 or so shoutcast stations and save as favorites somewhere, the ones I have found from my own personal searches on the shoutcast screen. It takes so long to find them again and they are in many genres, and I thought I'd ask before I spent another two days trying to find out how to do it?? I've spent two days trying to load streaming radio url's into the song list saver!!!  Thanks, B

We're working on a bookmarking facility for music streams - not sure when it will be released.

Thanks Duane! You knew I'd come around to this music stuff, didn't you! :-)

Was WPRB dropped from Radio free chumby? I dont see it anymore

muks wrote:

Was WPRB dropped from Radio free chumby? I dont see it anymore

The Radio Free Chumby server regularly probes stations automatically to see if the servers are up and operational.  If it cannot reach a station, then it will temporarily disable it from the feed.

muks: The default channels on Shoutcast change here and there, probably what Duane was referring to, but did you try to search for it? It might still be there just not in the default grouping as it opens up.

This was on Radio Free Chumby, not shoutcast.  I checked WPRB website. The mp3 stream wasn't working