Topic: How long can the Chumby stay on?

Is it normal to have the Chumby running for, let's say, 24 hours or more? Is there any damage to the device if you constantly keep it running? I love using it to show data during the day and as an alarm clock at night.

Re: How long can the Chumby stay on?

They're actually designed to be left on. We were actually a bit surprised to see that many people turn them on and off - something they'd probably never do with a normal clock.

I have two chumbys at home that have been on continuously for well over a year - they've only been off when I'm on vacation (or evacuated smile ) or the power goes out (as it did last night due to a bad storm here in CA).

As I mentioned in another thread, they draw about 2W when on, and the screen in the device isn't the type that would suffer image burnin.

"something they'd probably never do with a normal clock."

But Duane, if I turn off a normal clock I have to set the time. I leave it run just because it's a pain to turn back on. The chumby sets its own time after it connects. wink

Thanks Duane! LONG LIVE THE CHUMBY!!

If I leave mine of for a couple of days some of the widgets wont work anymore...  I like the sleep sound widget but it dosen't work anymore idk why but it will play for like 10 mins and stop... same with the screen saver it will play for awhile then lock up.